We work to conserve Florida’s 4,000+ plant species and more than 70 plant communities. Our work includes:
- Seed collection for restoration projects on our public lands and nature preserves
- Plant propagation with our partners – Florida Association of Native Nurseries (FANN)
- Population introductions on public lands
- Plant and Plant Community rescues when development is imminent and assured
- Monitoring of population introductions and restoration projects
- Monitoring of rare plant populations
- Floristic inventories and property surveys
- Habitat assessments and studies
Seedlings grown from seeds collected from the rare Sandhill community.
Volunteers planting over 4,000 rescues at a SJRWMD restoration site. The plants were collected from a nearby development site and hardened-off at Green Isle Gardens nursery.